Friday, May 14, 2010

spirit fall. [124]

i love sarah beth meyers. can i say that? it doesn't matter. at our last RC meeting, she challenged us to talk about our spiritual lives. i used to be all for that but something changed. i was very nervous about talking about my relationship with God but i realized that these girls (women of God, daughters of the King) loved me and were just there to listen. not being judged when talking about your struggles is a freeing feeling.
i dont really know where to begin. i know that God doesn't feel as close as my skin anymore. He seems farther than the moon. my prayer life is nonexistent. i'm afraid to talk to Him since it's been so long. i don't know what to say. i feel intimidated to talk to Him.
i know that through the 365 project, i have grown mentally. i've learned a lot about God and myself and the Church and how we all fit together.
i can't remember the last time i truly worshipped. my heart feels distant from even myself.
how can i get closer to God?
i'm learning so much about Him and in His word but i can't get closer to Him.
the only thing in my way is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment