Tuesday, June 1, 2010

because. [151]

so i've been on a cleaning spree. i cleaned as much as my basement family room as i could. while doing so, i found my dad's hand-written vinyl archive. i saw he had abbey road by the beatles [and a ton more. yes, we have a record player as well]. i got really excited. i grew up listening to my dad's music and the beatles was one of my favorite bands. [still is]. more importantly, it was my dad's. and he kept track of all his vinyl records. and it was hand-writing. chicken scratch like mine. my dad inspired my love for music. so all of this is important. and finally going through his basement after three years is important. this is a big step in my family's life. and mine. when i listen to my dad's music, i miss him more. but i love his music so there's no way i'll stop. i've been slowly putting his music on my macbook. i finally put joshua tree by u2 on my computer. what the heck was i waiting for? all in all, i know going through my dad's stuff is going to be hard but fruitful. it's going to be a fresh, clean start. a cleansing for my broken soul, perhaps. who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment